The human body is made up of 70% water. Therefore, forcing the body to carry out its daily mechanism without the adequate amount of fluids can generate some serious problems.
But then how much water does our body need?
Water is used by the human body for various functions such as controlling temperature, eliminating unwanted waste, lubricating and hydrating the body's tissues, helping blood circulation, helping the kidneys function, facilitating digestion, among many others. In addition, water consumption also provides several benefits such as controlling acne, stretch marks and cellulite, reducing swelling, helping to lose weight, helping to improve hair quality, reducing stress, etc. Thus, water is the healthiest drink we have and, in addition to being essential for the proper functioning and balance of the body, it provides us with a large number of benefits.
Water is therefore very necessary for all of us and that is why we need to drink 2 liters of water per day, and these should not be replaced by juices, soft drinks or other types of drinks.
However, the amount of water needed to drink varies from person to person. For example, if you do sports you need more water, the same logic applies if you have diarrhea or vomit. This amount of water extracted by the body needs to be replaced.
Don't like water?
It is very common to drink water only when you are thirsty. However, this is a mistake, because if we expect to always be thirsty, we will never drink the amount of water our body needs. There are tips and strategies to make it easier to adopt water intake into your routine:
- Add lemon, mint leaves, cucumber to your water. Aromatize it;
- Set alarms on your cell phone every half hour to remind you to drink water;
- Always carry water with you or always have it in your sight;
- Eat foods with high water values such as watermelon, pineapple, cauliflower and radish;
- Mark times on your bottle, so that every hour you drink water, so that at the end of the day you have drunk 2 liters.By drinking water in your routine, many of your problems will be solved and you will see a lot of differences in your mood, health and well-being. If you don't drink water, start this process gradually. The goal is to always drink a little more than the day before.